Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Miracles...

The origin of the word "miracle" means an object of wonder. I have experienced miracles this week.

I know the foundation of my own inner growth and spiritual surrender created a fertile ground for these miracles and still I hold and honor these happenings with great joy and reverence. As I scanned through my book "Blessings From Mary" I discovered there were almost 50 references to miracles in the text and many of these references to miracles begin with honesty and vulnerability.

Today I open myself to experiencing more "objects of wonder" as I surrender what does not serve, open myself to receive and continue to stay awake. I invite you to do the same.


January 11th

The simple act of meditation and prayer produces extraordinary results.

Wisdom of Mary Magdalene

Today I am awed by how this simple time of sitting down and showing up for my prayer and meditation has yielded such loving and powerful connections with Mary and my guides. Part of me does not believe that I really deserve this time and another part is astonished at how simple and yet profound this practice has become for me. I give this all to Mary and my guides this morning.

“Yes, it is amazing how the simplest behaviors and practices in life are able to produce the most magnificent results. Sitting in the morning, lighting a candle and burning a bit of incense and sage are a simple yet profound ritual. Throughout time we all had practices, ceremonies and sacred spaces that we created with intention to invite holy presence. In this space and through this ceremony, we invite our most intimate spiritual allies to join us and to experience their energy, their mercy and their guidance.

Today we remind you that you deserve the miracles and blessings of abundance that are received from this simple practice of coming to us daily.

There are years and years, sometimes lifetimes, of soul work that is done to clear the emotional debris and embrace the gifts from our woundedness and history. We are here to remind you of your own courage in simply showing up, addressing your addictive patterns and pain and seeking sobriety and connection so that your spirituality can mature.

We remember times you surrendered your grief and shame and started your mornings on your knees seeking spiritual assistance.

With great humility and joy, we offer you these blessings and ask that you honor your own willingness and surrender to the highest good for all things. We honor your willingness and choice to surrender all of your life to us. These are the gifts received by your willingness to walk through your own pain and woundedness.

Simply showing up, with even a small trace of willingness and desire to be of service, over time, reaps the most magnificent of miracles."

No comments: