Thursday, April 9, 2009

Faithlessness and Discouragement

There was discouragement in my spirit today and a sense of confusion. These are the times when I least wish to sit in prayer and meditation, opening myself to the Spiritual resources available. I've learned over time that this is the time that it is most important to bring myself to this spiritual place and commune with my Soul Partners and Spiritual Guides. 

When I arrived to my meditation, I was without hope. In the 15 minutes that I sat, took deep breaths and opened up to what might be available to me, I experienced both hope and joy. The simple discipline of sitting quietly and bringing myself, with intention, to my spiritual guides always transforms me energetically. Here is some of their encouragement to me, 

"Remember that discouragement is simply a moment without heart. As you come to us~open, willing and surrendered~your heart's vitality, your heart's longing and your heart's desire will be restored and renewed. 

Come to us. Offer to us your discouraged heart and allow us to bestow mercy, joy, faith and desire."

The very simple act of discipline, of coming to stillness with our Soul Partners brings to us the abundant comfort and connection that renews our spirits. 

This is the greatest wisdom that has been given to me. It is the constant nudging and fulfillment of spirit that is mine when I simple allow myself the quiet of meditation and prayer, calling upon my guides. 

For this I am grateful. With love, 

Sally

1 comment:

Jen-Jenny-Jennifer said...

I'm so excited to have found your blog. I have not kept up my own blog and have been kicking around starting a Magdalene-focused one.

Anyway, I loved this post as it struck to the heart of what I've been unwilling to do. BE STILL AND KNOW . . . but I found your words very encouraging and helpful.

A thousand thank you's
Jenny