Monday, May 9, 2011

Honest Self-Reflection

There are many times when I want to blame someone else for what I am feeling, thinking or why I am behaving as I am. There are other times that I blame others for the circumstances in my life or for my dissatisfaction of the circumstances. While I do believe that I am responsible for my feelings, thoughts, behaviors and the circumstances in my life, it's still challenging to assume the level of responsibility for it all. For me, there is some payoff for looking outside myself for why it is as it is and something dysfunctionally comforting about believing that I am a victim to someone or something outside of me.

My honesty about this pattern is the beginning of transforming it and fully embracing the emotional and spiritual power that I have to create my life as I desire; without blame or criticism of anyone or anything else.

Next I must surrender myself to a spiritual practice and Higher Power that can assist in healing and changing me from the inside out. Awareness is the first step and surrender is the second.

Here is some writing from "Blessings From Mary" that support honest self-reflection and spiritual connection:

May 14th

Honest self-reflection becomes the well from which Divine wisdom comes.

Wisdom of Mary Magdalene

“Each person’s journey is uniquely their journey. Connecting with a holy presence is the foundation of that journey and releasing all that gets in the way of this connection is the individual’s soul work to do.

Rigorous self-honesty and a determined will to serve and honor our Divine calling will fuel the journey of self-awareness and spiritual enlightenment. The easy part is receiving the holy blessings that come from Spirit and opening to its abundance. The challenge comes in honest self-reflection and the willingness to release what barriers remain internally.

This is the greatest challenge on the path, allowing complete healing and unleashing of the wounds, the poison and the remaining pus. This can be a painful process, but the clearing out creates space for the receiving of great mercy, wisdom and blessings. These blessings of wisdom give action to the passions inside waiting for full expression in life.

Come to us with your honest, open heart. Allow us to hold you during times of painful self-reflection as you allow for cleansing. We will fill you with Divine love.

This journey has many challenges along the way. You are not alone.”

*

No comments: